Thursday, March 12, 2009

L&N 152 Pacific for Trainz

New at the Trainz Download Station is this beautiful L&N Pacific number 152. I don't flag every piece of rolling stock that comes along - not even the really good ones. People can just as easily search the DLS (Trainz) or Train-Sim.com (MSTS and others) on their own.

But "Old 152" from "The Old Reliable" has a special place in my railroad memory. Over 20 years ago I set out to build a very large scale wooden model of the loco, which at the time was (and still is) restored and in service at the Kentucky Railway Museum in Louisville, KY. I took a huge number of photos and was able to acquire some erection drawings to provide the necessary dimensions. I never finished the model, though the frames and drive wheels and the beginnings of the boiler are in a closet somewhere.


This model by leeferr is great. The circular parts are many faceted, giving the wheels and boiler a nice, smooth roundness. The loco also runs beautifully and has terrific sounds.


After installing 152 and tender, I noticed a lot of L&N rolling stock in my list of assets, all shown as being at the DLS. I went to the DLS and searched on "L&N" and came up empty. I finally searched for one of the authors and came up with some L&N boxcars. In case anyone is having trouble finding L&N rolling stock, try searching on these authors:

hfmurphy

bendorsey

jkerlee

dingas313

Euphod

leeferr

Steamer13

ad602000


Cheers,

-- Al

3 comments:

Donald said...

i know we can search on the DLS for new content but every day new stuffs gets added and it becomes cumbersome.

it would be great if you could bring/showcase new and good items on the DLS from time to time. it would save us a lot of time and be a great help to all of us.

Lazy River said...

I think about showcasing items every now and then. It means downloading and examining each one. Routes are especially lengthy and have a way of filling a hard drive. Of course, I would have to keep up with MSTS and BVE as well.

I won't say "No" but we'll see.

-- Al

Anonymous said...

Where exactly is the download for #152?